Bomb Threat & Checklist
IF YOU RECEIVE A BOMB THREAT CALL
- Record the date, time and caller ID number on the display.
- Obtain as much information from the caller as possible by using the Bomb Threat Checklist (see below or click on link for a downloadable PDF).
- Call Public Safety x3666 immediately after receiving the threat.
- Public Safety will initiate emergency response procedures.
- Assist emergency responders with an orderly evacuation ONLY when ordered by responders.
BOMB THREAT CHECKLIST:
Date & Time of Call:
Sex of Caller:
When will the bomb explode?
Where is it right now?
What kind of bomb is it?
What will cause it to explode?
Did you place the bomb?
What is your address?
What is your name?
Exact wording of the threat:
Calm ___ Slurred ___ Nasal ___
Excited ___ Clear ___ Raspy ___
Soft ___ Deep ___ Disguised ___
Loud ___ Ragged ___ Familiar ___
Street noise ___ Office ___ Machinery ___
Voices ___ Music ___ PA system ___