Transferring Course Materials from One Term to Another in Moodle
Transferring materials from one course to another, or from one term to another, consists of finding the course on Moodle and choosing the materials to transfer. Below are the step-by-step instructions for this process.
- Make sure you are logged into Moodle and looking at the course you want to transfer materials into.
- In the Administration menu block, click on Settings for the course.
- Make sure that the Number of weeks/topics is the same or greater than your old course and then click Save changes.
For example, if your old course had 20 topics, make sure you choose at least 20 weeks/topics in this new course.
- In the Administration menu block, click on Import course data ...
- From the list of Courses I have taught, choose the course from which you are copying that materials (i.e., where the old materials are now).
- Click on Use this course.
- You will be shown a list of the different types of materials in the course next to checkboxes. By default, all items are selected. If you do not wish to copy some materials, uncheck the checkbox next to the appropriate listing.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Continue.
- The next page will confirm which materials you want and show the number of items being imported.
- Click on Continue, and the data from the old course will be exported.
- Click on Continue again, and the this data will be imported into your new course. You should see the message Import complete! Continue to your course.
- Pressing Continue now will return you to your course, which should have all of the materials that you wanted from the old course.