Configuring Windows XP for the St. Olaf Wireless Network
Follow these instructions to connect a Windows 7 computer to the St. Olaf wireless network.
- Click on the wireless network icon in the system tray (lower right corner of the screen).
- Click Change advanced settings.
- Click on the Wireless Networks tab.
- Click Add...
- On the Association tab, set the following information for the wireless network:
Network name (SSID): "St. Olaf"
Network Authentication: "WPA2"
Data Encryption: "AES"
- Click on the Authenticaion tab.
- Set the EAP type to "Protected EAP (PEAP)".
- Uncheck Authenticate as computer when computer information is available.
- Click Properties.
- Uncheck Validate server certificate.
- Click Configure...
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any).
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Check Connect when this network is in range. Click OK.
- Click View Wireless Networks.
- Click St. Olaf and then click Connect.
- Enter your username and password and click OK.
- You will be connected to the St. Olaf wireless network.