Installing and Using a Multi-Function Copier in Windows XP
Follow these instructions to install and use a Multi-Function Copier in Windows XP.
Installing a Multi-Function Copier
- Click the Start button and click Settings and then click Printers and Faxes.
- Click "Add a printer"
Select "A network printer, or a printer attached to another computer" and click Next.
- Select "Connect to this printer (or to browse for a printer, select this option and click Next)" and enter the printer name. The printer name will be similar to "\\printers\dept-printername". (Be sure to include "\\printers\" before the name of the printer). Click Next.
- The printer will be installed on your computer. If you want this printer to be your default printer then place a checkmark in "Set as the default printer". Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- The printer will appear in your list of printers and be available in applications.
Printing to a Multi-Function Copier
- Click on the File menu and select Print.
- Select the desired printer and click OK.
- At the copier, swipe your Ole Card in the card reader.
- Press Print.
- Select an account to charge the print job to. If you want to charge it to your Ole Dollars, select "Charge to Personal Account".
- Select the document to print and press the green arrow.
- Your document will be printed.