Office Assistant/Inventory Assistant
Office assistants/inventory assistants have a wide variety of duties. Specific duties for office assistants are determined by the particular staff person for which they are working. Many times, office assistants are the background support needed for the full-time staff to accomplish their major projects.
- Assist with typing, filing, copying, and sorting.
- Enter information into IT's databases.
- Assist with the operations of IT, including data entry, working with faculty, staff, and students, checking in merchandise, dispensing merchandise and documentation, etc.
- Receive and document service calls.
- Generate and file various reports, records, and inventory documents for service activities.
- Provide follow-ups and schedule notifications to clients regarding service status.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Experience using Macintoshes, PC's.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High attention to details.
- Familiarity with e-mail.
- Friendly, outgoing attitude and desire to work with people.
- Basic managerial and office skills.
- Ability to learn software packages quickly.
- Ability and interest to learn database entry and usage.