Multimedia Development Center Assistant
Multimedia Development Center (MDC) Assistants are the people who help full-time staff complete their duties. Often this position requires solving problems for faculty and staff in and on their machines.
- Assist faculty, staff and students with hardware & software related questions.
- Assist with IT-sponsored workshops.
- Troubleshoot computer problems both over the phone and in person.
- Write documentation and perform scanning.
- Evaluate new software packages.
- Work on general computing projects.
- Work with Photoshop, Microsoft Office and other IT applications.
- Misc. office-related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Strong working knowledge of PCs, Macintoshes, UNIX systems, networking and peripherals.
- Strong knowledge of a wide range of PC and Macintosh applications, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, iDVD, iMovie, Photoshop, Final Cut, Illustrator, DVD Pro, digital audio, digital video, digital still cameras, sound editing, HTML, Dreamweaver, programming skills, OS X, Flash, and Moodle.
- Good troubleshooting skills and ability to think analytically.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Self starter and able to work without much supervision.