Technology Consulting Assistant
Technology Consulting Assistants are responsible for providing a robust first and second level of technical support that ensures that client questions and problems are resolved in a timely and professional manner. A Technology Consulting Assistant is also responsible for helping develop and maintain the following IT client support systems: the IT Helpdesk, the IT Rolvaag Memorial Library Student Helpdesk, the IT Virtual Helpdesk, the IT WIKI, and the IT trouble ticket system. Depending on the Technology Consulting Assistant’s experience level, he/she may be responsible for assisting in student employee hiring, training, and management.
- Assist students, faculty, and staff with hardware & software related questions.
- Attend training sessions, meetings, and participate in IT social events
- Complete training assignments to demonstrate understanding of the material.
- Recruit fellow students to apply for work at IT.
- Partake in employee reviews at the end of each academic year.
- Serve on teams/projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Must have obtained 2nd year student status at St. Olaf College.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must be capable of lifting 50lbs.
- Experience with the Mac OSX operating system; experience with Windows
- Fluent in the use of Social Networking Applications; AIM, iChat, Facebook, etc.
- Experience with multi-media applications; fluency with printing/scanning technologies, Photoshop, iLife, Movie Maker, and Dreamweaver a plus.
- Well-versed in the MS Office suite of software.
- Experience with educational technology, teaching and learning tools (projectors, document cameras, integrated teaching stations, etc.) a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress position.
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a team environment.