Travel Program at St. Olaf
Employees utilizing college funds for travel, including grant-funded travel, are expected to endeavor to find low cost arrangements while maintaining a reasonable balance between cost and personal convenience.
- St. Olaf College will pay for reasonable, necessary, documented and properly authorized expenses for the purpose of official College business. Employees should neither gain nor lose personal funds as a result of college business.
Online Services Available:
- Flight arrangements should be made using an online booking tool. Be flexible whenever possible, plan trips to stay over a Saturday night or choose alternative airports, flights with an intermediate stop or different times if the savings are greater than the additional cost of meals, lodging, or other costs to the College.
- Vanguard - (ACTC Contract)
- Travelers should arrange car rental through an on-line booking. The College recommends that travelers use economy or compact models when rental cars are necessary. (See Travel Policy for more information)
College Vans/Group Travel:
- College owned vehicles may be reserved through the Buntrock Commons Office x3017 for college purposes; or you may make your reservations through an online Rental Car Agency.
- St. Olaf College employees, students, and volunteers must complete a campus driver training session in order to be on the current "approved" drivers list. Only “approved” drivers may use College or rented vehicles to transport students, employees, volunteers, or guests.
- When renting a vehicle, do not accept the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Personal Accident insurance (PAI), since the College provides adequate liability insurance. The College will NOT reimburse additional insurance coverage. Contact the Treasurer’s Office x3016 for more information.
SPECIAL BOOKING FOR GROUP TRAVEL (REQUIRES 10 OR MORE TRAVELERS): Please contact Kathy Tuma 507-786-3228 for advise regarding negotiating for group travel.
QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR TRAVEL POLICY: Contact Angie Mathews
MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT: Rates beginning January 1, 2013: Standard mileage rate: $.565 per mile, Airport run: $43.00 round trip
Previous rates July 1, 2011 through December 31, 2012:
Standard mileage rate: $.555 per mile, Airport run: $42.00 round trip