Title: Wells Fargo Commercial Card Expense Reporting Out-of-Pocket Expenses (CCER OOP) Procedures
Effective Date: 09-01-2012
Issuing Authority: Controller
Contact: Angie Mathews at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-786-3502
Last Updated: 09-01-2012
Purpose of Procedures
To provide information regarding the Wells Fargo CCER Out-of-Pocket expense reimbursements that works in conjunction with the Wells Fargo purchase card.
Who needs to know these Procedures
These procedures apply to all St. Olaf faculty and staff who have a St. Olaf purchase card and are seeking expense reimbursement.
Wells Fargo Commercial Card Expense Reporting Out-of-Pocket Expenses (CCER OOP)
1. When logged into CCER, you will see an “out-of pocket expenses” tab. You are able to enter expenses that need to be reimbursed (mileage, tips, etc.) on this tab, after you enter your bank information into CCER.
2. Enter your bank information to begin using CCER out-of-pocket. On the left under “user information”, click on bank information. Once your bank info is entered, you should be able to enter out-of-pocket expenses. There may be a slight delay between when you set up your bank info and when you are able to add an out-of-pocket expense. If it does not allow you to add an out-of-pocket expense immediately after entering your bank info, check back in a couple of hours.
3. Click “Add and Expense” to enter your out-of pocket expense item.
4. The expense functions work very similar to the purchase card expenses, where you can code the expense, add your description, and change your default unit, if needed.
Things to note about the Out-of-Pocket (OOP) Module:
- Expenses are reimbursed monthly into the employee’s bank account, right after the approver period ends.
- It the Approver declines the expense, it is not reimbursed. The cardholder is not notified, so the Approvers need to be notifying the cardholders if they decline an expense for any reason.
- The Approver is able to make corrections on the expense before approving (change amounts, coding, descriptions, etc.).
- If the approver does not approve or decline the out-of-pocket charge, the charge will not reimbursed that month, but remains open for approval the next month. If the charge is not approved by the time the approver period ends, the out-of-pocket expense will remain in the “previous statements” section. After the next statement cut-off date, the outstanding out-of-pocket expense will show with the current month charges that are currently being reviewed and approved.