- The Senior Soloists Concert is held each spring to give selected senior musicians an opportunity to perform as soloists with the St. Olaf Orchestra.
- Auditions are held and performers are selected by a committee of guest judges.
- Senior Soloist auditions are open to seniors in the spring of their fourth year.
- With the approval of their principal performing area teacher seniors who graduate early are eligible.
- Fifth-year seniors enrolled for the fall semester only may audition in the spring of their fourth year.
- Fifth-year seniors who are enrolled for the entire academic year may audition in either the fourth or the fifth year, but not both.