Conferences Where Undergraduates Can Present Research
- Math Fest: The Mathematical Association of America sponsors Math Fest every summer. Student paper submissions are welcomed.
- RUMC: Regional Undergraduate Mathematics Conferences. Through the NSF, the MAA is able to offer funding to institutions so that they may hold regional conferences for undergraduates to present their work.
- Joint Math Meetings: These national meetings are annually held by the AMS and MAA in early January. The event includes exhibits, courses, social events, and networking and employment opportunities.
- Pi Mu Epsilon Regional Conferences: Pi Mu Epsilon holds a regional conference in the fall at St. Norbert College (link) in De Pere, WI, and in the spring at St. Johns University (link) in Collegeville, MN, near St. Cloud.
- Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Mathematics: The University of Nebraska-Lincoln holds an annual conference geared toward undergraduate women in mathematics.
REU: Research Experience for Undergraduates
- NSF Sponsored REUs: The National Science Foundation sponsors research at colleges and universities. See a list of schools currently receiving funding for REU programs from the NSF.
Journals That Publish Undergraduate Research
- Involve - A Journal of Mathematics: Involve publishes original, scholarly papers written by students at any level.
- Rose-Hulman Undergraduate Mathematics Journal: This journal publishes research that has been done by undergraduate students in an area related to mathematics.
- Pi Mu Epsilon Journal: Papers available here are written by or for undergraduates.
- SIAM SIAM is a online journal that publishes undergraduate research in all areas of applied and computational mathematics.
- Furman University Electronic Journal of Undergraduate Mathematics: Papers written by undergraduates.
- Morehead Electronic Journal of Applicable Mathematics: These papers are not typical undergraduate papers. They accept papers that are rather mathematical and show interdisciplinary and applied topics.
- The Official Journal of Kappa Mu Epsilon: This group publishes "outstanding" papers by undergraduate students.
- At St. Olaf: Every year, Professor Jill Dietz edits an in-house volume of research articles submitted by math majors.
Published Work of Oles
- Combinatorial Proofs: Counting Containment Partitions, Joe Usset and Nathan Langholz
A Combinatorial Proof of an Identity of Andrews, Katie Evans and Trygve Wastvedt