The Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science is brimming with activity in three vital disciplines: Mathematics; Statistics; and Computer Science. These fields can team up with almost any other discipline or interest---and also align well with many careers. Check us out!
On Tuesday, October 9 we will have our nth annual baseball talk and tailgate party. This is a fun event that brings together some of our favorite things: math, statistics, baseball, hot dogs, ice cream, students, and faculty. Here are some details:
- Baseball themed colloquium talk, 4:30-5:30pm in TOH 280
- Cookout, 5:30-6:30pm, in the courtyard between Tomson and Regents-Math (follow your nose)
- If you plan to eat hot dogs and brats and all the extras, please give us your caf number so that Bon Appetit will supply us with some extras (beans, brownies, etc.). Click here to enter your caf number.
- Information about the math, stats, and computer science programs will happen simultaneously with the food
MSCS Event Calendar
Click here for a bigger version of the calendar.
- Textbook Info: All sections of Calculus I and II (Math 120, 126, 128) will use Stewart's Calculus, Early Transcendentals, 7th ed. This is available in print as well as in ebook format. All sections of Linear Algebra (Math 220) will use Poole's Linear Algebra: A Modern Introduction, 3rd ed.
- AQR and Mathematics Placement Information: Please see the information to the left.
- Class of 2012: Among the 2012 graduates were 95 mathematics majors (the 2nd biggest major at the college this year), 31 statistics concentrators, and 13 computer science majors. Read about the students' post graduation plans. Congratulations to the students, parents, and faculty who helped this happen!
- Alumni: View profiles of recent alumni/ae.