|Revision as of 22:31, 5 September 2007 (edit)
Wiebe (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 19:51, 22 September 2007 (edit) (undo)
Wiebe (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 39:||Line 39:|
|==<br>Computer Science<br>==||==<br>Computer Science<br>==|
|-||* '''[http://www.stolaf.edu/depts/cs||+||* '''[http://www.stolaf.edu/depts/cs/careers/index.html Computer Science Careers]''' <br>St. Olaf Computer Science Concentration Careers Page. <br>|
|* '''[http://www.acm.org/member_services/career/ Careers in Computer Science]''' <br>From the Association of Computing Machinery.||* '''[http://www.acm.org/member_services/career/ Careers in Computer Science]''' <br>From the Association of Computing Machinery.|
Revision as of 19:51, 22 September 2007
What Can I do With a Math Major?
- Career Ideas from the St. Olaf Mathematics Department
Career Columns published in the St. Olaf Math Mess
- Sloan Career Cornerstone Center
Information on careers, preparation, profiles of mathematicaticians, etc,
This site covers science and engineering as well as mathematics
- Resources for Undergraduates in Mathematics
From the Mathematical Association of America.
- The AMS/SIAM Career Page
Profiles of many successful mathematicians.
- A List of Available Guides to Careers in Mathematics
From the Canadian Mathematical Society.
- Jobs in Industry (see SIAM's online brochure)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (Bureau of Labor Statistics) (see especially the section on mathematics)
- SIAM Report on Mathematics in Industry (see especially the sections on Applications of Mathematics and Opportunities in Mathematics)
- On-Line Job Information and Listing Services
- Career Links from Cal State Fullerton
- Why Math? From Humke
Professor Paul Humke's career information page.
- Careers in Statistics from the American Statistical Association. Contains:
- About Careers in Statistics
- What is Statistics? What Do Statisticians Do?
- Statistics Job and Internship Opportunities
- Career Brochures
- Career Articles and Publications
- What is an Actuary?
From the Purdue Actuarial Science Club.
- Society of Actuaries
- Careers in Actuarial Science
From York University.
- Computer Science Careers
St. Olaf Computer Science Concentration Careers Page.
- Careers in Computer Science
From the Association of Computing Machinery.
- Financial Mathematics information and job opportunities, from Georgia Tech
- Schools offering graduate study in Financial Mathematics, from the International Association of Financial Engineers
- Careers in Law
From the University of Richmond.
- Careers in Business
Note especially the skills required in the Corporate Finance section.
- Biographies of Women Mathematicians
- Opportunities and Preparation for a Career in Mathematical Consulting.